For something a little different this pancake day, we challenged Charley to create a traditional style crêpe instead of the thicker, American style protein pancakes we've made in the past.
True to form, she didn't disappoint!
If you prefer stuffing your pancakes rather than stacking them, our latest recipe is the PERFECT choice for you this pancake day.
And with no fancy ingredients, you'll be able to whip up a batch for the whole family in minutes!
Here's how to make them for yourself...
Salted Caramel Protein Crêpes
- 1 scoop PERFORM Salted Maca Caramel
- 1 small banana
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour
- 2/3 to 1 cup of almond milk
- Coconut oil, for cooking
1) Add all your ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Gradually add in the almond milk and mix until it reaches a fairly thin, pourable consistency. Note: it will be slightly thicker than a normal crepe batter.
2) Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan. Once the pan is nice and hot, pour the mixture into the pan. I find making smaller sized crepes works best and makes them easier to flip.
3) Cook thoroughly on one side and then flip to cook on the reverse side.
4) Repeat this until all of the mixture is gone, and serve stuffed with fresh berries and whipped coconut cream.
Want a delicious healthy pancake recipe? Check out this Buckwheat Protein Pancakes recipe which is high in protein, tastes amazing and super easy to make!