SWEET & SPICY CHICKPEAS WITH AVOCADO PESTO ZOODLES
Serves 1 | High Protein | Rich in Vitamins and Minerals
For the zoodles you will need:
A handful of fresh basil
3 tablespoons coconut tamari
1 medium ripe avocado
1 clove fresh garlic, chopped finely
Salt and pepper to taste
For the chickpeas you will need:
1 cup cooked chickpeas - or you can soak your own!
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of tamari
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground chilli powder (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
METHOD1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the sauce ingredients and spices: maple syrup, tamari, paprika, chilli, cinnamon and salt. Add the chick peas to the mix and toss well to ensure an even coating.
3. Transfer the chick pea mixture to a lined baking tray and bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until browned and slightly crisp.
4. Whilst these are baking it is time to prepare your zoodles! Blend together the avocado, tamari and basil until smooth. Set this to one side.
5. Using a spiraliser or julienne peeler, create ‘noodles’ from your courgette. Now coat them in the avocado sauce and set aside.
6. Top with your roasted chick peas and enjoy!
Calorie (kcal): 618.8 | Carbs (grams): 78.9 | Fat (grams): 26.9 | Protein (grams): 27