GINGER TAHINI BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD
Serves 1 | Rich in Vitamins and Minerals | High Fibre
1 cup cubed butternut squash
½ cooked chick peas
1 large handful mixed salad
2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
For the dressing:
Juice half a lemon
2 tbsp tahini
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp crushed ginger
1/2 clove garlic
Splash of water
1. Preheat oven to medium-high heat, Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread diced/cubed butternut squash pieces into a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, tossing once during cooking, until squash is tender.
3. Allow to cool while you prepare the rest of the salad.
4. In a large salad bowl, bring everything together. Add in the mixed salad leaves, cooked chickpeas and pomegranate seeds. Then throw in the squash, drizzle it up with the tahini + ginger dressing, and mix/toss well gently.
For the dressing:5. Crush up the ginger and garlic in a little bowl. Then add the tahini, maple syrup and freshly squeeze lemon juice with a splash of water (as needed) and thoroughly mix together.
6. You can even make the dressing as soon as you start roasting the squash to allow some time for all the flavours to soak up.
Calorie (kcal): 459.9 | Carb (grams): 67.5 | Fat (grams): 18.9 | Protein (grams): 13.7