In case you missed the news, our Raw Cacao PERFORM recently got a kickass flavour upgrade!
And to celebrate, we've used it to create a brand new recipe that's makes the PERFECT protein packed breakfast for a lazy weekend.
These vegan waffles are super easy to make, but you will need a waffle iron to do so! If you don't have one, the recipe can also be used to make pancakes, but you will need to reduce the almond milk to a 1/4 cup serving.
However you choose to use it... try it for yourself for a delicious start to the day!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE PROTEIN WAFFLES
For the waffles
- 1/2 cup buckwheat or brown rice flour
- 1 scoop of Raw Cacao PERFORM
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk- almond / coconut
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
For the chocolate sauce
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp maple/brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Non dairy milk
Coconut oil for cooking
Fresh berries to serve
1) Heat your waffle iron and brush with a little coconut oil. In a blender, combine all of the waffle ingredients and blitz this up until you’re left with a smooth and creamy batter.
2) Pour a little of the batter into your hot waffle maker and allow to cook for a few minutes. Repeat this for the rest of the mixture. I found that this made two large waffles - which then spilt into 4 triangular waffles, but this will depend on your machine.
3) Whilst your waffles are cooking, mix together the peanut butter, maple syrup and cacao powder. Then gradually add in a splash of plant based milk, until you’re left with a smooth and pourable consistency.
4) Serve the waffles drizzled with your chocolate source and topped with fresh berries!
Love easy dessert recipes? Check out this Apple Crumble Protein Muffins recipe for another super delicious sweet treat!